Lithium batteries represent the next generation of battery power. Their higher energy density allows them to store more energy per unit of weight than other types of batteries. Lithium batteries are also lighter and have a lower self-discharge rate making them ideal for golf carts, powersport equipment, marine and RV, solar energy systems and more.
A dead car battery can make even the best of days take a turn for the worse, but equipping yourself with the knowledge of how to jump-start a car can safely get you back on the road in no time. Luckily, jump-starting a car is easier than it may seem. You just need some jumper cables and a family member, neighbor or friendly stranger with a car to get started.
The new relationship makes Continental Battery Systems the exclusive distributor in the West for Trojan Battery and encompasses all Trojan Battery Company products.
What Are Lithium Batteries?
Lithium batteries have been around for more than 60 years, but as technology has advanced, they’ve become increasingly powerful and popular for consumer electronics and vehicles. Lithium batteries work by moving positively charged lithium ions through an electrolyte from the anode to the cathode and back again, creating a consistent, efficient and powerful current.
Today, lithium batteries — specifically, lithium iron phosphate batteries — have emerged as an increasingly popular power solution due to their superior longevity, efficiency and safety compared to traditional lead-acid batteries.
Benefits of Lithium Batteries
- Low maintenance. Lithium batteries do not retain a memory, nor do they require scheduled cycling to prolong life. They also have a much higher energy density than a traditional lead-acid battery.
- Efficient. Lithium-ion batteries are rated at about 95% efficiency versus 80% to 85% for a standard lead-acid battery.
- Greater capacity. Lithium batteries boast 25% to 50% more capacity than lead-acid batteries.
- Longevity. Lithium batteries have up to 10 times the cycle life of equivalent lead-acid batteries.
- Lightweight. Lithium weighs up to 60% less than lead-acid batteries, making them ideal for smaller EVs and powersport equipment.
- Cost-efficient. While lithium batteries cost more than their lead-acid counterparts, their excellent performance, reliability and long lifespan often offset the initial investment.
Lithium Battery Applications
Our selection of lithium batteries delivers reliable power across sectors, including:
Golf carts. Lightweight and quick to recharge, lithium is the perfect fit for a single cart or an entire fleet.
Marine. Consistent, clean voltage makes lithium ideal for watercraft. The long cycle life and rapid recharge reduce downtime and ensure more time on the water.
Renewable and solar power systems. Efficient, clean and maintenance-free, lithium batteries deliver consistent performance over a longer period, making them a sustainable and economical choice for renewable energy solutions.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions or would like more information about our selection of lithium batteries, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of battery experts is always ready to assist you.